Help with apple project

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by rdhatfield3, Mar 21, 2005.

1. rdhatfield3 macrumors member

Im doing a project on marketing in an upper level business class. I need some great articles and i figured that this would be a great place to start. The teacher is subtly anti apple (you know how you can tell sometimes) he always is talking up dell and stuff. I need some good facts and quotes if anyone can link me to some good articles. Like if anyone remebers the article written that said something about mike dell saying that R & D was not for dell and that apple was the r & D for dell. Also we need some stuff on the marketing past and present. anyhelp would be appriciated. thanks

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Places to look, Macdailynews, Macbytes, Check the Wall Street Journal for stuff on Apple, Apple Collection for commercials by Apple. You can also use or look for these points. Apple started using the 3.5" floopy disk first, then everyone followed. Apple started using USB first, then everyone followed. Apple killed off the floppy disk, PC makers are now starting to follow. Apple makes a lot of things that other makers then duplicate, such as Windows 3.X was a copy of Apple's OS at the time (I know that Apple got it from Xerox, but Windows only duplicated it because it did well with Apple). Apple is creative, others just follow. I remember just reciently that Ballmer from MS tried to say they are first to everything, but when asked what they got first too, he had no answer but to say that they are first to everything.

Oh yeah, and Apple was suppose to die now, for the 45th time. http://www.macobserver.com/appledeathknell/index.shtml

Another, Apple made the first portal that actually looks like they do today, small and lite, with the track pad in the spot were it is at now.

3. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit