help with applecare ipod repair

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by swingerofbirch, Feb 15, 2005.

1. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    I have had a hellish day on a few accounts, but to top it off I just got an email saying that my iPod has been put on hold at the repair center because of external damage to the unit.

I called Apple and they said because of extensive scratching and a small dent on the back of the unit they can't look at it further. Options are: pay $255 or do nothing.

I do know that there is a very tiny dent in the iPod. I got it the first day I had it when I had the iPod in my pocket with my keys. I quickly learned that the iPod easily scratches and I bought iPod socks to hide the scratches. The iPod also did get dented at that point or some other. The only times I have dropped it have been in my car onto the car floor which is carpeted. Now come on? Am I being unreasonable in thinking Apple is being unreasonable?

I am sure there are ways to be a squeaky wheel. Any suggestions?

EDIT: It broke when I connected it to an iPod dock for the first time. Apple said that is a coincidence. Is it? has anyone heard of that? It worked fine but after leaving it iin the dock for a day the hard disk stopped working.

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Um, your iPod has external damage that can be seen by the naked eye, you are probably out of luck. That external damage could have damaged the inside, which then could have caused the drive to die. Coincidence, most likely, since I have never heard of the dock doing a iPod in.