Help with Apple's Student Discount...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by PlaceofDis, Feb 1, 2004.

1. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Hey guys,
    i was just wondering about my student discount....i know i can get it offline through the Apple Education store....but can i get it at the regular Apple retail stores or even at best buy or comp usa, which are the closest to me...
    any help would be appreciated
    thanks!

2. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Discount

Apple Retail Stores offer the student discount on apple HARDWARE and applecare, nothing else. Software must be purchased online or at school. Don't think other stores will though.

3. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

For the edu discount, you need to purchase through Apple, either through their online store, the Apple Store, or through campus resellers.

4. tsk macrumors 6502a

tsk

I know for a fact CompUSA does not allow student discounts.

5. jasonbw macrumors member

The apple stores i've been to offer student discounts on systems only, or other hardware at the time of a system purchase (i tried to buy a firewire cable a few months ago was denied a student discount). All thats required is a valid student id or other paperwork indicating that you are enrolled in an approved college.

6. 3-22 macrumors regular

ADC Developer...

Don't know you major, but if your doing anything with computers you could also purchase a Mac through the Student ADC Program. For $99, you can join ADC for a year and get one purchase at ADC discount prices. (12-20%)

I joined and saved hundred off my G5, iPod, and Cinema screen. Plus over the year, I received copies of Jaguar and the new Panther OS CDs. Plus all kinds of developer CDs.

I'd highly recommend it...

You just need to setup ADC for $99 then show proof of schooling here...

http://developer.apple.com/students/sthardware.html

Then you can shop here...

http://developer.apple.com/membership/usa.html

Everything on the first order is discounted, but you only get one order so make it count. ;-)