Help with Buying/Credit!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ssccrab, Nov 23, 2006.

1. ssccrab macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone! :) I'm new here and thought I would put up a new thread. I've been investigating getting a new Macbook 13" White, but I unfortunately don't have all of the cash to just buy one. I am a musician who has been doing all of my recording on my Windows XP system, of which I built myself. However, Window's is absolutely horrible for recording your material. So I looked into getting a small personal loan for about $2000.00, which I applied for at my bank and got turned down. I've tried other lenders, but it's just taking forever for a response and I know I'll get turned down anyway. I've also tried to go through Apple for their credit, but have been turned down everytime. It seems such a bitch to get Apple credit! :mad: :eek: I've also thought about eBay, but I don't think that what I want to do will be acceptable to anyone on eBay.

I have excellent credit.:cool: I have a platinum Capital One credit card (which isn't really that hard to get, but hey, it's credit, and I've never been late. Always paid in full), and just bought a car in October of 06'. I'm wondering as to whether there are any sites or dealers that you can get a Macbook from and make affordable monthly payments/installments on, while having bad credit, no credit, or great credit. Or, are there any tips anyone can give me for this subject? Trust me, I'm doing everything right with my credit! :D

Thanks a lot for reading my inquiry folks, and I look forward to any of your help/responses!! :D

2. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

If you're doing everything right with your credit then you should have no problems getting another line of credit.

What I suspect your problem is is that your percentage of debt to income right now is too high for a lender to feel comfortable issuing a line of credit. If you just bought a car on a car loan, then your ratio is extremely high (since you will still owe a lot on the car loan, which is a high percentage of pretty much anyone's income) and they may not feel that you'll have enough available funds to keep current on a personal loan or credit card. Age and occupation have an impact as well.

You may be able to get Amazon's visa card and purchase through them, but if you're having problems getting issued credit elsewhere that may not work. I don't know any retailers that will do payments without excellent credit, since a payment plan is an extension of credit.

Now might be a good time to check your credit reports and score and see where you really stand. You may be surprised.

3. ssccrab thread starter macrumors newbie

Credit

Ahh, I see. Well, I've checked my credit report from Experian. My score is 691, and I onl have that one item on there, which is the car payment. You would think you'd be able to make a purchase with that, but it takes a lot more than just a credit score...