help with buying MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by crissy, Apr 21, 2006.

  1. crissy macrumors newbie

    Apr 21, 2006
    New York
    I'm interested in buying MBP but I don't know whether to wait a few more months if Apple will change it again. When do they usually update their laptops? June? or later? Is it a good idea to buy now? or wait? thanks
  2. Diatribe macrumors 601


    Jan 8, 2004
    Back in the motherland
    As always... if you need it now, buy it now. If you don't, wait. :)
  3. FFTT macrumors 68030


    Apr 17, 2004
    A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero

    If you have the option to wait until later this summer, you'll have a better idea of what is available for the entire line-up including processor upgrades.

    I would at least try to hang in there until we see the first MacBooks which
    are supposed to debut next month.

    The Merom based models are guesstimated between June and October.
  4. Peyton macrumors 68000


    Feb 2, 2006
    I think this is the most overasked question of 2006. Agree?

    Anyway, I am waiting til the 17 inchers come out. (supposidly next tuesday or so). Also, if merom is being released earlier (a la June/July) I am waiting for that. I'm in no big rush but would like it before september.
  5. aristobrat macrumors G4

    Oct 14, 2005
    This may not apply to the MacBook Pros, but if you haven't seen it, it's a cool page:
  6. insomniac321123 macrumors 6502

    Jan 23, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    You will just ask yourself this question again later. There will always be something bigger and better around the corner. You just have to buy it when your ready and be happy with it. No use worrying about it.

Share This Page