Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thebignewt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
New iPhoto library. In some Events folders the photo dates are wrong (they say 1930). I try and edit date/time (batch), make changes (2008). Then the year is like 1875. Try again. It's 1700. It's almost as if it subtracts the years rather than adds them. Am I doing something wrong, because it seems easy.

emorydunn

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
Austin Texas
Might it be using relative dates instead of a fixed date? So when you tell it 2008 it's changing it by that amount instead of changing it to 2008?

Or have you considered that you've accidentally discovered time travel and should be given a Nobel Prize?

Someone else will have to give you a better answer as I don't have any photos in iPhoto, so I can't test it myself.

thebignewt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
Might it be using relative dates instead of a fixed date? So when you tell it 2008 it's changing it by that amount instead of changing it to 2008?

Or have you considered that you've accidentally discovered time travel and should be given a Nobel Prize?

Someone else will have to give you a better answer as I don't have any photos in iPhoto, so I can't test it myself.
Exactly, it seems like it goes BACK 73 years instead of forward 73 years. And every time I reenter 2008 it goes back even further. It even says "you have entered a date xxx years...." weird. I just want it to change the date to what I type in there.

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
Exactly, it seems like it goes BACK 73 years instead of forward 73 years. And every time I reenter 2008 it goes back even further. It even says "you have entered a date xxx years...." weird. I just want it to change the date to what I type in there.

Have you tried typing in a date prior to what it's at now to see if it will then go forward that many years?

thebignewt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
Have you tried typing in a date prior to what it's at now to see if it will then go forward that many years?
No. I was hoping that the date I type in there becomes the new date, like it says in Help. I just wonder if I'm missing something in the OS that others have experienced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.