Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tiauguinho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2002
The Netherlands
Guys please help me. I'm trying to copy and paste word files directly to some text boxes in Flash, but it doesn't paste in the text boxes, it pastes in the background and I have the correct Layer! Im going insane with this! Im with Flash MX with Word X. Please guys this is urgent....

jvaska

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2002
i've never tried to do that myself...but i would recommend saving your file as TEXT ONLY...then either import it into flash or copy and paste from textedit or something like that...

i've had the same problem with the whole quark/freehand/word mess in the past...jv

Choppaface

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
SFBA
he he
i remember in flash 5/mac os 9, I once had so many layers and objects that the prog drew the objects behind the prog window, meaning they appeared over the desktop even if the window was collapsed using windowshade. it's prolly a bug in mx, osx, or likely both. try importing the text as suggested

electric

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2002
San Francisco, CA
High,

Do you have the text tool selected and the text box selected while pasting (layer unlocked)?
I tried on my end and copy/paste word text into Flash works fine. I am using Word 98 and Flash MX.

Good luck.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I've tried it myself and don't have a problem. My suggestion is to close Flash and restart it, openning a new window and placing the text tool on the stage and trying to paste the words there. If that doesn't work, logout and try it again. If that doesn't work, try importing the text to another app first, texteditor or something.

Very weird, let us know what happens.

D

Tiauguinho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2002
The Netherlands
Guys,

I've tried almost everything, but the text that comes from word doesn't paste right in flash. It Ipastes in the background and the text it's all broken apart. I've figured that if I used Text Edit to copy and paste the text I don't have any problems whatsoever. The problem now is that I''ve got all the texxt to paste in Word... I'll try to manage some solution for this problem and if one of you guys can explain me why the hell does this happens I would be very pleased!

Thanks in advance

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
man, just save it as a text-only document, like .rtf or .txt should be fine like that...

everyone else can do it, and i would as well (except that i'm too lazy:p ) so it might just be a bug or something...

good luck with it. :)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Ok, I got it to happen on my TiPB!!

Ok, here's what I did. I copied and pasted you post into a new word document, then selected it all and tried to paste it into new flash document. I got exactly what you said you got (see image).

So to fix this I saved the word document as a text only file, and opened it with IE, selected all the text and pasted that into flash and it worked fine, bottom text in image. The only thing I did was add line returns to wrap the text.

I think what's happening is the Word is trying to keep the format it sees on the page and messes it up. So try this and see if you can't get it to work.

Good luck

D :D

Attachments

• picture-1.gif
    picture-1.gif
    38.4 KB · Views: 138

technocoy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I've had this same problem

with flash MX and word for OS X, you have no other choice that i know of than what dukestreet did or copy and paste from word into textedit then to flash, it's a pain, but it works... be careful, sometimes (depending on font) you lose punctuation....

sorry i wasn't more help,
technocoy:(

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
One other thing I tried that didn't work was grouping the text and then trying to edit it. Very strange, but like I said, it seems as though MSWord likes to keep the format you see on the screen, so you're pretty much forced to take the long way.

D

Tiauguinho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2002
The Netherlands
Sorry for my late reply but I wasn't able to come to the forums. Thanks for your help guys! Dukestreet thank you very much for the help and for the picture with the example! Going to do things just like you said it! Thanks again!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by Tiauguinho
Dukestreet thank you very much for the help and for the picture with the example! Going to do things just like you said it! Thanks again!

You're welcome, I hope it works out, let us know.

D :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.