Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
Um, consistent as in how ??? Forget I asked, I really don't wanna know. Adjusting gain is the only control for audio in HB. Maybe you should do a few tests on your own to see what you like. Beyond that ... not much anyone is gonna be able to do for you.

I'll go slow, I have bought iTunes movies with great sound at halfway but this converted DVD doesn't so I want to make it like the iTunes version. not changing volumes between movies. I have to turn the volume all the way up for DVD movie but when I go to the iTunes movie I'll become deaf. Do you understand?

MarkG21

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2010
I'll go slow, I have bought iTunes movies with great sound at halfway but this converted DVD doesn't so I want to make it like the iTunes version. not changing volumes between movies. I have to turn the volume all the way up for DVD movie but when I go to the iTunes movie I'll become deaf. Do you understand?

I think that is being a bit picky. What not just buy the iTunes movie to get it the EXACT way you want it?

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
For the volume gain, try +4 dB. I think you'll find it works about right. Experiment with it. Try encoding just one chapter and set the gain to different levels until you find one that works for you.

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
For the volume gain, try +4 dB. I think you'll find it works about right. Experiment with it. Try encoding just one chapter and set the gain to different levels until you find one that works for you.

Wheres dB?

Darby67

macrumors 6502
A pretty decent explanation of dB is here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decibel

This thread is a first world problem. I'm not sure how turning the volume up from halfway to a point you prefer will make you deaf and it's probably better that you don't attempt to explain that curiosity.

I've always preferred ripping from my own DVDs/BDs and HB does an stunning job of transcoding if that is what the ultimate goal. The quality is better and more control. But for a user that really wants exactly what iTunes does and not what the DVD has I would suggest purchasing everything from iTunes.

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
This thread is a first world problem. I'm not sure how turning the volume up from halfway to a point you prefer will make you deaf and it's probably better that you don't attempt to explain that curiosity.

You know what I mean but you want to look cute for the rest of the Macrumors usernames on this thread.

Last edited:

Darby67

macrumors 6502
You know what I mean but you want to look cute for the rest of the Macrumors usernames on this thread.
Intersting comment and it must be true if you beleive it so. But the fact remains, volume controls are there for the user to adjust to their preference. If you beleive that adjusting to your preference will make you deaf then obviously I want to look cute. Brother, I couldn't possibly begin to understand what you mean.

Farcical thread of impatience on your part and refusal to listen to suggestions. Seriously, 6 threads started in 6 different forums on your part because you wanted people to tell you exactly how to do something rather than taking minimal time on your part to learn and understand. Sigh.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
I think everyone trying to help here, should consider whether they are being "played" and he is just perpetuating this thread for the sake of doing so.

dynaflash

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2003
I think everyone trying to help here, should consider whether they are being "played" and he is just perpetuating this thread for the sake of doing so.
They would call that a Troll iirc.

----------

Wheres dB?

Well, its hidden in the audio panel right next to where you used DRC as you said just to the left. Its under a column dubiously labeled Gain.

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
Should I have ''Web Optimized'' enabled? I will be streaming the movie from my computer from iTunes using Home Sharing, and I will be streaming movies from iTunes using Splashtop.

dynaflash

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2003
Should I have ''Web Optimized'' enabled? I will be streaming the movie from my computer from iTunes using Home Sharing, and I will be streaming movies from iTunes using Splashtop.

Web optimized interleaves the audio and video samples, and puts the "MooV" atom at the begining of the file, restoring the Quicktime "fast-start" (also known as "pseudo-streaming") ability of the file.

It may start streaming faster but does come at a transcoding time penalty as this process happens after the transcode since the file is rewritten (though this is *much* faster than the original transcode) it typically adds about 3 minutes to the transcode time for a dvd source, though ymmv.

Frankly I notice little difference on my setup in terms of streaming ( itunes to atv).

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
Hello its me again, I stop using handbrake, but i want to do it again. I have question, Does handbrake and AnyDVD (the software) put anything on the disk or change any files on the disk? And is their any other software that puts cast and directors in? that is not Metax? I dont have any many to pay for it. IDC if i have to put the information in my self. I just need a software that will let me write it in.

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
Subler will do your metadata, now exactly as it is in iTunes Store. If movie not in iTunes, you can search themoviedb.org.
PS you can set HB to open movie automatically in Subler (or any other program) after transcoding.

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
Subler will do your metadata, now exactly as it is in iTunes Store. If movie not in iTunes, you can search themoviedb.org.
PS you can set HB to open movie automatically in Subler (or any other program) after transcoding.

For windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.