Help with iBook keyboard locking screw.....

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by PieMac, Oct 29, 2002.

1. PieMac macrumors 6502a

Hello all,

In short, I had to take out my keyboard earlier this eve and the locking screw in the top center of the board came out as I was trying to unscrew it. Go figure as I have taken my keyboard out a couple of times before with no problems. I'm not sure what caused it to do this as I am always super careful with it...it just didn't tighten down like usual so I went to unscrew it to try again and *pop*...out it came.

I'm having a heck of a time getting it to go back in flush like it was....there's an oblong lip on the backside of the screw that fits in just so but I can't seem to get it quite there and I am scared to apply any force. Anybody here ever had this happen? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. buffsldr macrumors 6502a

buffsldr

what model of ibook do you have? I have the newest, and there are three flaps to watch out for (on the top)

3. PieMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have the latest model....700 Mhz with 14" screen....however, I just decided to try and put a little pressure on the screw and it finally popped back and now works just fine! :D