Help with iLife, iMovie

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dano99, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Dano99 macrumors newbie

I have an iBook G4 running Version 10.3.9.

When I purchased iLife, I was told I needed 10.3.9 to install it. After installation, I see a question mark below iMovie. Apparently, iMovie didn't install.:confused:

Any help/advice appreciated. :)

Dan

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Do you meet the other system requirements such as RAM and hard drive space? Have you tried installing it again manually from the PKG on the iLife disc? Is this iLife 06 we're talking about? :)

3. Dano99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Help with iLife, iMovie

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it's iLife 06.

The requirements state "10.4.4 is needed for iMovie HD themes". Does this mean it won't run with 10.3.9? I have the RAM space, and 10.43 GB disk space, requirements say I need 10 GB.

I'm a MAC newbie, so I may be missing something, but the install disk doesn't give the option of installing features separately, just begins installation??

MadJew wrote:
    Do you meet the other system requirements such as RAM and hard drive space? Have you tried installing it again manually from the PKG on the iLife disc? Is this iLife 06 we're talking about? :)

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Open up the actual CD in Finder and look for the iMovie installer package (it'll end in PKG). You may or may not need Pacifist for this. If you double click on this to open it, does it now install iMovie? FWIW, I didn't think it mattered that you only have 10.3.9 with respect to the themes, but maybe it does... Sorry, I haven't run 10.3.9 ad iLife 06 before. :eek: