Help with image ready animation

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Rajj, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Rajj macrumors 6502a

Rajj

How do you convert a simple image into animation?
    If anybody has Image ready, can you make this image rotate like it is spinning and can you also tell me how you did it?
    Thanx in advance.
    [​IMG]

2. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Re: Help with image ready animation

I don't know Image Ready very well but I do know that it breaks each animation frame into a new layer. So what you could do is rotate it a few degrees and make a new frame then rotate a few degrees and make a frame. So on and so on until you complete your circle. Then you just save it optimized as an web ready graphic.

3. Rajj thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rajj

How do you rotate it frame by frame in photoshop?:confused:

4. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Just do it in image ready. Create a new frame from the current one. Now just go to edit/transform tranform you will then get a bar at the top to let you which direction to move the image. Choose the one to rotate and enter the degrees to rotate then hit the check mark at the right. I would start off with 10 degree increments for a minimum. I think anything greater then that might get jumpy. You might try less then that but you're going to develop a lot of frames. After each rotation you need to create a new frame from the current one then rotate the new frame and so on and so on.

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Help with image ready animation

Do you want it to rotate counter clockwise or clockwise - or as I'm thinking, you want it to rotate in psuedo 3d.....

That's mor difficult and not easily done in photoshop (but not impossible).

D

6. Rajj thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rajj

When I change the degree of the second image, it changes the first image also, even when I make a new frame.
    What am I doing wrong?
    :mad:

7. Rajj thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rajj

Re: Re: Help with image ready animation

I want it to rotate something like you avatar.

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Re: Re: Help with image ready animation

That's all 3d - you have a higher res image or a vector file version of the art work?

D

9. Kid Red macrumors 65816

He forgot to mention you need a new layer for each instance that the pixels physically change. Adjusting opacity or position is fine, but blurring, rotating, etc will change every instance.

So, figure what, 5-10 duplicates of the icon, each layer should have the step by step rotation. Then, just click on a frame, pick a layer and so on and so on.

10. howard macrumors 68020

howard

Re: Re: Re: Re: Help with image ready animation

what do you do if you do have a vector file of it....how do you make it rotate?...do you use flash? i'm very curious about this stuff...

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help with image ready animation

I'd throw it into Lightwave, do a quick 360 saving the imag files out separately and make the 'tar under 10 minutes.

D

12. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

Macromedia Fireworks does a good job.

I'll be working on my own avatar sometime, when I do, I'll let you know, Howard.

Gene:D

13. Rajj thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rajj

Re: Re: Re: Re: Help with image ready animation

No I don't, i just have a tif file of it.

14. King Cobra macrumors 603

If you are going to rotate an image like a cylinder or a tube turning on its vertical axis, you need 3D for that or a significant patience level in Photoshop.

If you just want to rotate something like a steering wheel you will have to take the frame with what you want to rotate and transform it to whatever measure you want. For best results, if this is what you want to do, I would copy your frame into a new Imageready file and paste it there. Make that your "backup". Considering your original TIFF, use the transform option and rotate. Make that a frame. Copy the "backup" frame you made into the TIFF, and rotate that to whatever other measure you want. Make that a frame. Lather, rinse, repeat.