Help with instaling Latex in Intel Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by B-Line, Nov 23, 2006.

1. B-Line macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am wanting to install Latex on my macbook and have been following the guide on this site. However I am confused when I get to this step:

"7.Choose the 2005 version (x86 and PPC), and to do a Basic Installation (Full gives you all the documentation as well). An Expert install will give you finegrained control on what is downloaded / configured (e.g. only download and install Intel binaries on your Intel Mac)"

Do i still choose the x86 and ppc option if I have a macbook? Also when choosing the expert install, which of the checkmarks correspond to intel binaries. (ie. which ones should I check?). Sorry for all the beginner questions, but what can I say.... I am new to this stuff:eek:

thanks

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

With the greatest respect, you say you are a beginner therefore don't choose the Expert install option, if you don't know what you are doing, don't worry about the miniscule amount of extra space used up by installing the PPC stuff too, you also make sure you aren't missing anything, which would be extremely annoying when you start using LaTeX.