HELP with iPhone 3G AND 10.5.6

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by integragsr, Dec 17, 2008.

1. macrumors member

Aug 14, 2008
    Hi everyone, I need your help with my iphone. I been trying to jailbreak it but unfortunately I can't, I get stuck with a white screen right after I release the home button. I tried using the usb hub and keyboard's USB because I did the mistake to update to the 10.5.6 and now I cant jailbreak my iphone 3G. I want to now if I can go back to the 10.5.5 version, I did a backup using time machine before I updated to 10.5.6. and I would like you guys to guide me in how to revert to 10.5.5, or guide me in how to jailbreak my iphone using 10.5.6. I will appreciate any type of help.

P.S I apologize for my writing and I didn't do the kext solution because I am new with MACS and don't know how to use the terminals:confused:.
    P.S I used quickpwn for the 2.2 jailbreak on osx 3 different times but still get the white screen.

thanks you guys and Merry Christmas to everyone.
  2. macrumors 6502

Sep 14, 2007
    It might be somewhat drastic, but you could always do a Archive/Reinstall of OSX and not update to 10.5.6.
  3. thread starter macrumors member

Aug 14, 2008
    But isn't there a way for me to go back to previous version using time machine. That what I want to do I guess, so do I can jailbreak it with the 10.5.5h
  4. dZp
    macrumors 6502a

Mar 29, 2006
  5. thread starter macrumors member

Aug 14, 2008
    thanks for responding, I tried it but I get stuck and my imac didn't reboot. I still want to know if i can go back to 10.5.5 using time machine.
  6. macrumors 65816

Jul 8, 2008
    On My iPhone, or my iPad?