Help with itunes importing pls!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shiv, Sep 27, 2006.

1. shiv macrumors member

Sep 9, 2006
    Osaka, Japan
    K, I'm really getting frustrated with iTunes. I've been searching all over for help on two issues:

1) I want my shared folder from limewire to be automatically updated in iTunes. In iTunes it has a Limewire folder. I have iTunes set to automatically update from shared folder (which is my limewire folder). BUT it doesn't update all the songs from the shared folder, only SOME of them. Do I have something wrong with settings??

2) I've been trying get my podcasts in seperate folders in iTunes, while still updating. This way I could update my ipod with update podcasts in seperate folders eg. news, health, comedy, whichever... I tried making seperate playlists for them, then draggin and dropping the podcasts. This would copy the current ones, but if a podcast would get update, the new folder podcasts would not reflect the update.

I really feel like I don't know this iTunes at all... even after going through all the help menus, and reading online.

If anyone can help me on either of these situations, it would save me some sanity. Thanks!
  2. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Aug 27, 2003
    1) Consolidate Library?
    (Look under Advanced menu)

2) Using smart playlists? Allows you to sort by different criteria.
    (Look under the File menu)