Help with iWork 06

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ppnkg, Apr 26, 2006.

1. ppnkg macrumors 6502a

ppnkg

I just bought iWork 06, which I think is a good buy overall, but I see that Apple mentions in system requirements that iLife 06 is recommended. Since I do not have iLife 06 on my computer (I have the previous version that came with my iMac), I was wondering how this could affect iWork. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. jkballer23 macrumors member

I don't see how it can affect iWork if you don't have iLife.

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I think they recommend iLife to promote sales. I see no reason why any of the iLife apps would in any way affect the iWork apps - whatsoever. I was, until I recently bought iLife '06, using iLife '04 with iWork '06 on my PM G5 with no problems.

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I could see there being some limitations on integration, i.e. if you were trying to import iTunes music or iPhoto content into a Keynote presentation or something along those lines, but otherwise I don't see why this would cause you any problems whatsoever.

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Exactly. And since iTunes is free and iPhoto isn't needed - you can choose any images on your computer - there should be no impact.

6. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

You don't need iLife for iWork, but if you do, the 2 will are integrated. For example, a media window can be opened when you are working with a keynote or pages document, allowing easy incorporation of iLife files (photos, music, videos from the respective iLife programs) and your iWork files. Depending on you what you plan to do with iWork this may or may not be important to you (I rarely use this for the keynote presentations I make)

Edit: man, gotta be faster!

7. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yep, makes sense to me. I can't think of any other reason why iLife 06 would be a requirement... <shrug>

8. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

yep, that 'media' button on the top right won't work as well without iLife ;)

9. ppnkg thread starter macrumors 6502a

ppnkg

Ok, I get the picture. I think it's not going to be a problem. Thanks very much!