Help with Live

Discussion in 'Games' started by gco212, Jan 24, 2007.

1. gco212 macrumors 6502

Jul 21, 2004
    Okay, so I'm trying to wire my 360 up to Xbox live, but am having a little bit of trouble. I'm in a college dorm, and am trying to get on, but the connection fails everytime. According to the Xbox, it detects the IP and DNS, but the MTU test is failing. I don't really know what to do. I'm wired directly into the wall. Also, my friend has Xbox live connected and he did it with no problem. Any ideas on what to do. Thank you.
  2. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

Jan 9, 2002
    Kellogg IA
    Can your friend connect to live if he jacks in his xbox on your port? This would be a first step to determining if it's the port or your xbox. If his xbox (that we know connects elseware on the same network) works then it's something on your end, if not then it's the port.
  3. gco212 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 21, 2004
    I know it's not the xbox, as I've logged on at home plenty of times. Also, my laptop plugs in no problem, so it's just something with this MTU. I don't know what the MTU is (well, I do now) but don't understand why it's messing it up. Why can one log in on and one not when they're on the same network?