Help with M$ Office X

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Stormyguy, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Stormyguy macrumors regular

Morning all

OK, I had to give in and go for office X for our company.
    It's a full legit version and yeah, it's *cough* mega-bucks but we do really need to have it (unfortunately).

I've searched the forums but can't seem to get a fix so apologies if it's there somewhere and I've messed up the etiqutte by asking again (grovel)!

When I launched Excel/Word/Ppoint the apps just quit after the opening screen so now I have established from the MS$ help site it's a font related thing and have had to remove all fonts from my FONTS folder in OS9 and that makes all well. The fonts in OSX Library folder don't seem to have been the problem.

BUT, now when I open QuarkXpress or Photoshop in the Classic environment none of my fonts are available and my flyers and newsletters etc all open up with some basic fonts as opposed to our proper company stuff. I can see why this should be the case but does anyone have a good idea for a fix???

Let me know if you need any more info that would help?

Danny

2. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i've heard that Office X 'optimizes' the fonts, but it can also corrupt fonts. i don't really know what to do, you could just try re-installing it i guess.

and there is also an update for Office X, you should check that out to see if that helps. you can get the update from the Apple website, and i'm sure that there are plenty of other places to find it.

3. Stormyguy thread starter macrumors regular

Tried the re-install and restarts etc.

Yes, I will be trying the 'Service patch' that seems to be available.

I guess I was wondering if there was anyway of re-directing Quark and P/Shop et al to look 'somewhere else' for the fonts they want without it p****ng off Office X, although why we should have to mess around like this to accommodate the M$ program I don't know.

Let me think.... Quark/Pshop or Office X - guess which gets the boot if I can't fix this (regardless of how 'important' it is) ...... any bets??

May be AppleWorks bound before long.

Danny