Help with Mac App store purchases

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by pooleman, Nov 5, 2012.

1. macrumors 68000

pooleman

Hello All,

I am having some very frustrating issues and need help. Last year I bought Keynote and Pages for my older Mac Mini running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I had to wipe my mini last week as it had a congested HD drive was pretty slow. So I wiped everything and reinstalled snow leopard, itunes, the whole shebang. When I got to the part where I reinstalled Keynote and Pages I opened the MAC APP STORE, clicked on "purchases", and then clicked on Keynote it said that I needed to have 10.7 installed to download.

I already paid $20 each for these 2 apps. How can I download prior versions of KEynote and Pages. Apple support from India I assume said I was skrewed basically.

Please Help

2. macrumors regular

colshine

The App Store only contains the latest version. Do you have a Time machine backup or something you could copy it from?

3. thread starter macrumors 68000

pooleman

Nope. The App Store always said that you can easily download any purchase as often as you want. So I never worried about it.

4. macrumors 68020

gmanist1000

Why not just update to 10.7?

5. thread starter macrumors 68000

pooleman

I have an older Mac mini that cannot update above Snow Leopard. Otherwise I would.

6. macrumors regular

colshine

I would keep complaining to Apple - you purchased the software and should be able to download it again.

7. macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Welcome to the Apple way. Time to buy a new computer to use the software you bought. Isn't the Mac App Store great for consumers with enough money? :rolleyes:

8. thread starter macrumors 68000

pooleman

Super helpful. Thanks buddy.

9. thread starter macrumors 68000

pooleman

Any other suggestions? I'm dying here.

10. macrumors demi-god

firedept

I believe this is the best answer you will get. This is why I stick to trying to buy directly from the developer. I know this is Apple software which is twice the whammy. I also suggest trying to find a physical iWorks disc for sale. This way you always have physical copy.

11. macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

I'm sorry, but since you mentioned you already contacted Apple support and there is nothing they could do you are pretty much out of luck.

firedepts idea of finding a (used?) physical iWork disc is probably the only thing left to do. But it also involves spending money again.

I know it sucks, it's one of the reasons why personaly I don't use the Mac App Store. It can not be that hard to offer previous versions of their software for the past 1-2 OS releases, for people who keep their machines for more than 5 years. But guess what, that's not what Apple wants, they want you to buy a new machine.

12. thread starter macrumors 68000

pooleman

It sucks. I'm actually considering buying a new laptop, not just because of this issue; not being able to sync using icloud with my desktop, not being able to use airplay from my desktop to my apple tv,and so on. If I could convince my wife to allow it than I would but one but she won't budge, especially since I just bought a new iPhone 5 and Ipad mini.