Help with Mac OS X file sharing problem

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by scribblers, Oct 28, 2003.

1. scribblers macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've been having a problem file sharing from my computer to another. The computers are connected via an ethernet cable and are both running OS X. I'm positive that the computers have been connected properly and that file sharing has been turned on on both machines. The maddening thing is, sometimes I can connect but most of the time, I get a -36 error code. The other computer, on the other hand, doesn't have a problem connecting to me.

Can anyone tell me what might be causing this -36 error and how it can be fixed?

Thanks.

2. rfenik macrumors regular

rfenik

I've gotten that error before while trading songs between someone else with a powerbook. Go into your sharing prefs find the address of the one you are conneciting to, go the finder and hit apple+k, type it in exactly how it is (including the afp:/). For some reason when when it searches it in the connect to window it doesn't always work. It totally worked for me after i had that exact same problem.

If that doesn't work and you just need to transfer files between the two just use the drop box. I use that thing all the time.

-ryan