Help with Mac the Ripper

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xeriscape8321, Feb 23, 2006.

1. xeriscape8321 macrumors newbie

I have used MTH to rip several DVD's and burned them with Toast 7.0. Each time the video produced has many points where it stops for a second and then continues on. This jerky stop and start is only for a second and occurs maybe every 5 minutes....any ideas on why this occurs and how I can fix it? I am running a power mac G4 with a gig+ of memory. Running Tiger 10.4.5. This jerky playback occurs on my machine an my separate DVD player. Burning with a Plexor PX 740A.

Any help or input would be appreciated

2. jbreazeale macrumors newbie

Is the jerky playback always at the same spot?

3. xeriscape8321 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. I have tried reburning using several teqniques and then search for specific points to see if it still stops and starts. That is why it leads me to believe that for some reason MTR produced Video_TS file is causing an issue.
    P.S. This has happened with all the rips I have made. ??
    I even tried to remaster it and compress it a bit with DVDremaster but the results were the same.

4. jbreazeale macrumors newbie

I believe VLC Media Player (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/5758) will let you play your DVD video from the VIDEO_TS file. It would be interesting to see if your video has the pause before you burn to the DVD. If the pause is in the VIDEO_TS file at least you know it's not a burning issue.

I presume you're using the latest MTR. I've not had the problem you've described with MTR.

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

So will DVD Player - open the app, then go to "File->Open DVD Media...". It sounds like that was already tried, though, based on the "on my machine" comment, but not sure.

6. xeriscape8321 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes the stop and start issue does occur when the video_ts file is run from VLC. That's why i believe it's a MTR issue. I just can't figure out exactly what the issue is. I hear such good things said about MTR. I want to be one of those people saying it too!! Obviously it's a good program....but:(

And yes...I am running version 2.6.6...