Help with Mail and imap...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by celaurie, Apr 15, 2003.

1. celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

Okay, I need help! For the longest time I've had a netscape.net mail account that's tied to my AOL Instant Messenger and a whole bunch of other things apparently. The mail account isn't that important, but I do use it for certain mailing lists etc. - basically to stop the influx of SPAM to my primary (paid for) mail accounts.

Anyway, until now I have accessed the Netscape imap account via the Netscape 7.0.2, but now that Safari has become almost totally acceptable I would like to be able to access this account via Apple's Mail app.

I've tried to do this via imap.mail.netcenter.com but every time I try and collect mail from the account I get an error telling me that the mail could not be collected on Port 143...

Can anyone help?

Chris

2. space-monkey macrumors newbie

The only solution I have found is to delete the old account and use the setup wizard to recreate it. That did the trick for me, only after trying every other solution I could put my hands on.

3. celaurie thread starter macrumors 6502a

celaurie

Yeah, I tried that... with no sucess. Oh well, may be Panther mail will include the correct authorisation protocols - or whatever the problem is!

Cheers,

Chris