help with Maya 3D...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by phreakout13, Dec 6, 2004.

1. phreakout13 macrumors 6502

phreakout13

Sorry I'm posting this here, but I've tried looking in Maya's glossary and asking other friends, and I can't get an answer. I'm kina a newbie, but I can look basic terms and such up in the glossary. I want to take 3 NURBS objects (a sphere, a stick shape, and another woogly shape) and have them rotate on the same axis. The stick is slanted a little, too. Basically, I want these 3 objects to act as 1 object, but have different colored parts. Someone somewhere else told me "Run a worm gear (ball screw) through the origin of each piece, linked to a reversible drive gear. They can then rotate on the axis, which will drive the radial movement." but I don't know what that means. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could please help me out on this one. Thanks:)

2. phreakout13 thread starter macrumors 6502

phreakout13

Problem solved! By myself! I took all three objects and grouped them. I made their pivot point the center of the object and I can revolve it now!

3. Logik macrumors 6502a

if you want to learn maya.. i highly recommend checking out these sites

www.digital-tutors.com
    www.3dbuzz.com

there's another one but i forget the name of the site...

digital tutors rocks and that's how i learned to use maya, granted their kits cost money but they are very nice

3dbuzz.com offers theirs for free. give them a shot

4. phreakout13 thread starter macrumors 6502

phreakout13