HELP WITH MICROSOFT WORD!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by forthebrave, Sep 18, 2005.

1. forthebrave macrumors regular

I downloaded a whole bunch of fonts and added them to my Library/Font folder and ever since, when I try to open Microsoft Word it says " optimizing font menu performance.. " and then quits!!?? any suggestions??

2. yenko macrumors 6502a

I have a feeling one of those fonts is corrupt; maybe you should try~/user/Library/Fonts instead.

That said, try FontDoctor or a similar font repair utility.

Just MHO ! :rolleyes:

3. super_kev macrumors 6502

super_kev

For whoever has this problem and hasn't found a solution, here's what I did. I had extra fonts installed in my user font folder (not a lot... maybe 300 or so), and just like you, Word would sit there forever, not going anywhere. So I checked out my user font folder, and what do you know... Office had installed a whole slew of fonts. Took those out, and boom, no hanging problems. I didn't have those there with the previous version of Office, and I haven't missed them since I took them out. Word says that I had a few corrupt fonts when loading, but it still loads fine. :)

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Semi-OT...do yourself a favor, and use a manager such as the Font Book app included with MacOS when you add fonts -- don't just drop them in the folder. This way, you can put them in separate collections and turn those connections off when you need to do so.

5. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

cool solution...

i don't really install fonts etc...i just use the best for me...sand...