HELP with MKV PLEASE !! A simple question

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Bymatt, Apr 24, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Why does MKV fail to combine the different titles at the conclusion of the decode?? It hasnt or doesnt always do this.. What setting am I missing please??

2. simsaladimbamba

What application do you use to create an .mkv file from what exact source format?
    Can you make a screenshot of that application and its settings and attach it to your next post?

3. thread starter macrumors member

Thank you... this is a very simple interface

there are only 5 selectable check boxes... The question is why do most discs automatically merge the various titles from the disc into on output file, and with some other discs all the titles remain strung out in the output folder. If one just pre-selects the one main folder to make to an mkv it seems like you are losing a lot of the movie..????

4. simsaladimbamba

Again, what application do you use? And can you provide a screenshot?

5. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply

This is way over complicating a simple question about the actions of basically a largely automatic and widely known program. There is a lot of info about makemkv. I will find the answer about why it acts differently on different discs. Thank you again for your replies.

6. simsaladimbamba

See, and I was thinking you would be talking about HandBrake, which is also a widely known application.

I guess you already tried the MakeMKV forums? Maybe they can help you better, since they might be able to understand more of your post.