Help with Mountain Lion mail?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by db1408, May 15, 2012.

1. db1408 macrumors member

Jun 11, 2011
    Wonder if anyone knows a fix, if it's just a flaw with the latest update or i'm missing the point. I have no iCloud issues with my iPhone or through Safari on

Since latest ML update... I have setup, started from scratch etc with my iCloud account several times, played with the ports and the P** IMAP outgoing, SSL etc and I still cant send an outgoing message from iCloud without physically changing the outgoing server to the> from the>>.

I can't change to the> from>> as standard server in preferences becasue the only server that exists is 'iCloud' or gmail (Which I never use as outgoing).

Now I did try setting up an independent outgoing server, following the iCloud prefs, how ether it constantly fails unless I manually change the outgoing before I send the mail.

Note that on error sending it says sending from gmail, which I don't have permitted in prefs.
  2. db1408 thread starter macrumors member

Jun 11, 2011
  3. db1408 thread starter macrumors member

Jun 11, 2011
    Solved it with no particular sense.

Amended under prefs>composing>Send new messages from selected mailbox

Doesn't make too much sense how that erased the>> option from the list but it's worked. Trail test done on send from @me account only and it went straight back to the same error.

Attached Files: