help with mouse and keybord

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Wildcat, May 26, 2002.

1. Wildcat macrumors regular

Ok i have A microsoft intellimouse and evey now and then it has been freezing and the acelleration resets itself. every time this hapens the caps lock key also flashes when this happens. The last time this happened the keyboard also froze and I was not able to type ( its a miricle I am even able to type this right now ). Could this be a keyboard problem or a mouse problem? Any help is much apriciated. thanks

2. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

I'm not speaking from experience, but I would imagine that this is a driver problem. Have you downloaded the latest Intellimouse drivers from Mactopia? Start there first. Also, if you're running the mouse off of a USB port on the keyboard, try plugging it directly into the computer.

3. Wildcat thread starter macrumors regular

I originally thought it was a driver problem because it started when I had the driver installed but I have since removed it. I have also removed the mouse from the keyboard usb port I am not sure if that is succesfull. the speed keeps slowing down on the mouse.

4. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

What computer do you have, system you are running, driver version, etc. etc. etc... specs please!

5. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Ditch the m$ mouse and use either the one from Apple or get one from either Logitech or Macally. Both of those don't have any issues with the Mac OS (9 or X). Why people continue to purchase m$ mice and keyboards for Mac systems is beyond me.

In my opinion, m$ is a poor choice for input devices, especially when it comes to Mac systems. I wouldn't even use them on peecee's.

6. Wildcat thread starter macrumors regular

Os X.1.4
    I was using the driver supplyed by M$ but currently there is no driver.
    G4 400 AGP sawtooth
    The problem has occured both with and without the M$ driver
    cant think of any other info that would be important

7. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Do you have the m$ mouse plugged into the keyboard or into the back of the computer?? If you have it in the keyboard, try the other USB port.

I still say ditch the microcrap mouse and get one that has full support for the Mac and OS X (both Logitech and Macally offer mice like that).

8. Wildcat thread starter macrumors regular

I moved the mouse to the back of the computer and the problem still persists.

9. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Have you tried using the mouse that came with your system to see if the problem presists then??? If it doesn't, then ditch it the m$ mouse.

10. Wildcat thread starter macrumors regular

11. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

You did it to yourself then. I still say ditch the m$ mouse especially since you have issues with it no matter how it is connected. Get one from either Logitech of Macally. Both of those don't have problems with Mac systems, and they are not made by the evil empire.