Help with new Logitech Elite Keyboard

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Montano, May 9, 2003.

1. Montano macrumors regular

This keyboard does not have the key to open and close the CD-ROM. I read where the F12 button would do this function, but it will not work for me !! Is there any other way (or button) that will open the CD without having to push on the tray??

Thank You :)

2. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

ok - for the KB, you must push and hold it for a few seconds. If that dont work then i think that the logitech drivers may be getting in the way.

If you go to your "/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras" folder you will find eject.menu. Double click it. It will now put up in you menu bar, next to your clock a little icon that looks like the eject symbol, only black. Click it. It now gives you the option of ejecting your optical drives.

I am not sure about other removable media such as a ZIP disks. It works on my pmac w/SuperD+ComboD but then i dont have a ZIP drive.

To drag it around the menu bar, Cmd+click it. To drag it off the menu bar, Cmd+click it and then drag it off like you would for something in the dock.

Hope it helps, good luck.

3. Montano thread starter macrumors regular

You are the BEST !!!! I guess I was not holdong down the F12 key long enough. But holding it down for about 3 seconds makes it work perfectly !!

THANK YOU :)