help with new powerbook!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by flycheese, Feb 7, 2003.

1. flycheese macrumors newbie

hello, im new to the powerbook, my first question is when is it safe to unplug the powercord? can i unplug it from the back of the machine whilst the computer is on and running?

also how much movement cam a laptop take whilst the hard drive is spinning?

thanks for the advice in advance

:D

2. vniow macrumors G4

I don't know about Powerbooks, but with my blueberry I can plug and unplug just about anything power-related no matter if it's plugged into the wall or not and it's fine.[​IMG]

3. flycheese thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the advice, anyone else have any for a novice thaT is quite thick?
    :D

4. Ziggyzee macrumors member

I think I'm reading your question right. I have an ibook that gets unplugged and plugged in every direction. I don't think you will hurt anything unplugging or plugging under any circumstance.

5. altair macrumors regular

Re: help with new powerbook!!

I have a powerbook 1ghz 15.2. You can unplug it whenever, doesn't matter. I wouldn't worry about too much movement. I think you will know if you are being to rough with it. Don't throw it, drop it from more than 3 inches while it is awake. Bake it, etc. Just don't be stupid, but it is a very well made machine and isn't just going to break if you jiggle it.

~altair

6. flycheese thread starter macrumors newbie

7. krhodus macrumors member

krhodus

I have a PowerBook G3, and I plug and unplug it all the time while it is on. It is fine for the computer. About moving it, I move mine alot and it doesn't hurt it. I carry it around on and working. Really the best way to move it while it is on for the computer is to put it to sleep.

8. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

9. flycheese thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the advice everyone....
    the story about the oven is bizarre, why would anyonje do that, unless she thought that the slimline titanium was a baking tray!!

i have another question about the video out or any of the out/inputs on a powerbook, is it ok to plug/unplug when the computer is on??
    cheers

:D :cool: :D

10. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

11. altair macrumors regular

12. janey macrumors 603

janey

as long as your battery has some charge it shouldn't matter but make sure that nobody trips over the cable when it is plugged.
    That's not gonna be very nice :rolleyes: