Help with non-mac mp3 player...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Cheese, Dec 29, 2002.

1. Cheese macrumors 6502

Cheese

In the refrigerated section at your grocer
    I thought that I would be frugal and buy my daughter a product called mymp3 (by digital research technologies). I later found that DR-tech does not support a driver for any mac os (much less jaguar!). It seems to me that I could drop mp3 files onto it in my desktop if only my iMac (400 dv 320mb ram OSX 10.2) would recognize the USB connection. Any ideas as to whether I can actually make this thingy work, or do I need to get rid of it and buy the iPod I should have gotten in the first place? Thanx for your highly regarded advice, in advance...

2. dricci macrumors 6502a

If there's no driver, then it's just not going to work. I just got a iPod, and I love it! Just make sure you get a good case with it, as it's pretty easy to scratch.

3. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

For items like this, you will need Connectix Virtual PC. It emulates a PC operating system. So you can then control your mp3 player.

www.connectix.com for more info

4. Cheese thread starter macrumors 6502

Cheese

In the refrigerated section at your grocer
    Thanx for the help. If I can find my receipt, It's going back! If not, I'll gut it and lay it's entrails next to my iMac, in case it gets hungry...