Help with Order confusion

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by BKKloppenborg, May 25, 2005.

1. BKKloppenborg macrumors regular

Well from the apple site it said it shipped today Fed Ex Ground, but when i called Fed Ex they said they have not got the package yet?!!! Did i just call the wrong department i thought it was Fed Ex ground and so she looked and i saw it was Fed Ex home Delivery Ground does that make a difference? Can you guys tell me what is happning? Thanks

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Last time I had issues with FedEx home, and spoke with their cust service, it sounded like FedEx home actually uses significantly separate IT systems from the rest of FedEx for some reason.... But sometimes, they do not upload their scan-in of the package into the main system until late that night or early the next morning, and so you get delayed info...I'd give it a lil' while before I panic if I were you. Also try their tracking online. That system definitely does work for both kinds of FedEx.

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Apple gets tracking info before FedEx actually picks up the package and puts it into their system. Give them till tomorrow.

4. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

You're lucky your order shipped via FedEx. With my carrier I cannot track my package until the day before it will arrive. It's a pretty messed up system.

5. BKKloppenborg thread starter macrumors regular

It says this with Fed Ex

May 25, 2005 8:39 PM
    Package data transmitted to FedEx

Apple says

Dear Apple Customer,

Apple is pleased to report that a shipment for the following order
    is on its way to you.

The following products shipped on 05/25/2005.

um ok lol

6. wiseguy27 macrumors 6502

wiseguy27

Don't worry, it will somehow reach you. FedEx ground is the worst I've seen when it comes to tracking - they seem to update the status once every few days (and that too incorrect). Don't rely on their tracking service - just hope that it will arrive by the "estimated delivery date". :)

I've had a far superior tracking experience from UPS ground!

7. BKKloppenborg thread starter macrumors regular

i agree and they sucks overall

OMG liers i hate Fed EX **** should of just gone to my Local Apple store it would of been faster... UPS is sooo much better.... Wow looks like its tommarow HOPEFULLY

Ship date
    May 25, 2005

Estimated delivery date
    May 27, 2005

Delivery location
    LA MESA, Ca

Service type
    Home Delivery-Signature Delivery

Weight
    9.70 lbs.

May 27, 2005 4:39 am

Departed FedEx sort facility

LOS ANGELES, CA

May 26, 2005 4:15 pm

Scanned at FedEx sort facility

LOS ANGELES, CA

12:29 am

Scanned at FedEx sort facility

SACRAMENTO, CA

May 25, 2005 8:39 pm

Package information transmitted to FedEx

SACRAMENTO, CA

8:37 pm

Customer-Loaded Trailer Picked Up

SACRAMENTO, CA

8. lazyboy922 macrumors 6502

lazyboy922

Hmmm...I ordered my mac yesterday, and the charge showed up on my online statement, but today it isn't there? The order status is "processing order". Maybe they just did it to see if I had enough in my account and they will charge me when it ships?

9. baummer macrumors 6502a

While FedEx Ground operates under the FedEx moniker, they are actually independently franchised (unlike FedEx Air, which is operated solely by FedEx). This means that while they do have connections into the main FedEx system, they are not updated as quickly as a FedEx Air package would be. This is why there's always confusion between the two services (which is apparent if you've ever called FedEx).

10. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

I've had mixed feelings with FedEx. Yes there online tracking is really bad. At times I didn't get an update for over 24 hours and when I did my package jumped around to 3 or four places. Yet, FedEx has been able to deliver my package on time. Even when my iPod was stuck in Chicago because of a blizzard on Dec 23rd, it still made it to my house the 24th at 6:00 pm.

In contrast, I used to like UPS, but lately I've had trouble with them. My last package missed the truck and was forced to go out the next day. After it did ship, UPS lost it. my package only had to travel from Illinois to Southeast Kentucky, but some how ended up in Naples, Florida.