Help with OSX Apps!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nym, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Nym macrumors 6502a

Nym

Hi everyone! I've been using Tiger for 3 days now and I need some application advice, your input is appreciated :)

1st Application Needed

I was wondering if there was any application or iPhoto plugin that allowed me to view and edit my photos, but also that gave me the possibiity (like Picasa) to hide certain Albums and protect them with password? This is just because I don't want my friends poking through all my Photo Albums, like everyone, I like my privacy.

2nd Application Needed

Ist there any app out there (if possible freeware :D) that gives you the possibility to lock some folders with password? Like right-click the folder, Lock, and when you double click it asks for the user password (like it asks me everytime I try to make a change in OSX or install certain programs).

3rd Application Needed

Is there a Mac Total Commander equivalent or a program to manage files better than Finder?

Also, is there any way to remove certain folders manually from appearing in spotlight?

Much thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

3. Nym thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nym

Thx for the quick reply! Humm, the spotlight tip is useful, I'm just so used to panther that I couldn't even remember that in the system preferences I can find the spotlight options..
    The folder protection, not quite what I had in mind but something will show up eventually :)
    Downloading QuickSilver :rolleyes: