Help with PC video cards

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by macrlz9, Aug 26, 2005.

1. macrlz9 macrumors 6502

macrlz9

OK I know this is Macrumors ( I was gonna say MACrumors but I didn't want to get flamed hehe) anyways. I have a pc it's a Dell Inspiron 2400 (eek!) 2.6ghz celeron 512 memory 80 gig 7200rpm HD. and INTEGRATED graphics. My question is. I would love to play Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 http://www.atari.com/rollercoastertycoon/us/gameinfo i have the game but it's unbearable. I believe upgrading the video card will improve it a lot. i was looking on newegg.com for a PCI videocard under $150 if possible. Has to be pci, no agp slot. Also i know a big bottleneck is the processor/bus. That can be upgraded i believe by putting a pentium processor in. but mainly i'm asking you guys to help me determine the best preforming video card for under $150. I found a Geforce 5200 with 256mb vram for like 90 bucks and also a radeon 9250. any imput would be greatly appreciated and i apologize for the long long post.

2. lopresmb macrumors 6502

I would just look for the card with the best specs / brandname on newegg.com. or tigerdirect.com those sites are reputible and ship stuff really quickly.

With integrated video, that would probably do the most to speed you up, but you might also try some more RAM.

3. macrlz9 thread starter macrumors 6502

macrlz9

4. macrlz9 thread starter macrumors 6502

macrlz9

any ideas if this card is a good value and will improve my gaming on my pc?