Help with PEBL

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ExileinBlonde, May 20, 2006.

1. ExileinBlonde macrumors member

Hey, I'm having a problem. I'm trying to connect my Moto PEBL to my 12" Powerbook running 10.4.6, and everytime I attempt to set up the PEBL I get this message "There are no supported devices for this phone." I never had any trouble with my RAZR or my SLVR?! Is there something I can do to fix this. I want to to transfer pics and MP3's.
    Thanks!!

2. iEric macrumors 6502a

What are you connecting it through? USB? Bluetooth?

Which program are you trying to use?

Is it a branded phone or OEM?

3. ExileinBlonde thread starter macrumors member

I'm trying to connect via Bluetooth. I got the phone off eBay, so it's not branded. I had a RazR V3i that I got off eBay, and I never had this problem with that?!

4. elisha cuthbert macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

Just because you got it off ebay it dosent mean its not branded, it could still very well be branded

5. starnox macrumors 6502

The PEBL isn't supported over Bluetooth on Macs. I tried with my dad's PEBL and it didn't work, when it worked fine with my RAZR.

6. ExileinBlonde thread starter macrumors member

OMG NO!! It's going up for sale :(

7. ExileinBlonde thread starter macrumors member

The listing said it was "unbranded".
    There is no getting around this?

8. starnox macrumors 6502

Not that I know of, Apple might release something in the future, not sure if the problem is with the phone or Apple's software. Have a dig on google and see if you can come up with anything. I think it works OK via iSync on the cable, you just can't transfer files via bluetooth etc.

9. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I am sorry it didn't work ofr you, but I thank you for saving me the pain. I was looking at this phone as my next phone. Now I know to steer clear.

I don't know why Motorola phones are so fickle about Bluetooth connections. Almost any Sony Ericsson phone seems to work fine. Guess I'll be getting one of those for my next phone.

10. azhelkov macrumors member

No problem here

Pebl syncs with all my Macs perfectly fine over Bluetooth and USB. It is t-mobile version.
    Alex

11. Roba macrumors 6502

I put in a pre order for this phone here http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=133981yesterday.

Motorola is introducing these phones in different colours and i think that they are going to be big sellers and I really want the green one. I put an order on this phone because my previous one which was LG could not act as a modem with my Mac.

According to the Apple site this phone can sync with a Mac.
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/isync/devices.html

Sending bluetooth files is important for me and i could even do this with a LG phone that is not listed among the iSync compatible phones on Apple's website. If you cannot send bluetooth files then i may have to rethink getting this phone.

12. starnox macrumors 6502

Yes it syncs fine with iSync, but you can't connect to it via bluetooth to transfer files across.

13. Roba macrumors 6502

I rang up Motorola today and i asked them if this phone will be able to send Bluetooth files from your phone to your computer and vice versa. They told me that you could as long as you run the Motorola Mobile phone tools beforehand.

I don't know how true this is but going by what they told me i will keep my order and see how things work out when i get my phone.

14. starnox macrumors 6502

The motorola tools phones only works on windows I believe? I don't think there is a Mac version.

15. Str8edgepunker macrumors 6502

Motorola Mobile Phone Tools only works on a pc.

16. Roba macrumors 6502

Ok, i never knew that i should have asked but i thought that Motorola was very Mac friendly so i assumed that the Mobile phone tools would be ok.

In this thread it appears that some people have been able to get the Bluetooth to work with a Mac using this phone and also that appears to be true for some forum members in this thread that was on another board.

http://forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php?t=48633&page=4

17. BinaryDigit macrumors newbie

I'm using a powerbook g4 and the green motorola pebl and it syncs, as well as transfers files to and from the phone beautifully through bluetooth! I'm running Tiger 10.4.6. Make sure you make the PEBL discoverable