Help with QT 7

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rendezvouscp, May 21, 2005.

1. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

Hi. While browsing around Apple's HD gallery, I thought it was pretty cool that when you click on a movie, and get to it's page, and then click to see the movie, that the movie pops-up in a new QuickTime window instead of playing in the browser. I see the code they're using to do it, but does anybody know how to create those types of QT .mov's that you can click on to get the movie in a new QT window?

I've been searching for quite a while now, and all I'm getting is info about reference movies, but that's not what I'm looking for. Google hasn't provided much help, and neither has Apple's QT user guide. Does anybody know? Thanks in advance.
    -Chase

2. rendezvouscp thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks. I was under the impression that the movie that displayed on the page had control over the movie opening in QT, but I was wrong. The movie on the web page is just a picture made into a .mov with QT. Thanks!
    -Chase

3. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

wow, thanks rendezvouscp and myrt for the info.

i've always wondered how this is done too - definitely a page to bookmark. :)

4. rendezvouscp thread starter macrumors 68000

Now, the question is: can anyone make it validate?

I'm using XHTML 1.1 and I've gotten my code down to eleven errors, and all the errors are "there is no attribute..." Does anyone know if there's anything you can do about it?
    -Chase

5. rendezvouscp thread starter macrumors 68000

Using this as a resource, I validated the movie code and it works in Safari and FF. I haven't been able to test it in IE 6 though (if you'd like to, go here and click on the picture and see if it opens in QT and starts streaming).
    -Chase