help with register.com and wordpress hosting

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by csketch7, Sep 19, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

ok i have a 100 doller hosting package with register.com now i want to know how to host my wordpress blog from that server i bought so if you made a wordpress blog that is like http://charlestrippy.com or http://phillyd.tv/ something along those lines please tell me how to use my register.com hosting package with wordpress i know how to get the url now i need to know how to do the hosting package so i can use it with fetch to get files and themes up!!! and :apple: 4 life

2. macrumors 604

Melrose

Maybe I'm a bit slow: But are you asking how you upload the files, or how you install themes?

It will be much easier with an FTP app (eg Transmit); And you'll need to change the persmissions on certain files when you upload Wordpress to your server space (I forget which ones atm but just remember it being in there somewhere).

Installing themes is easy - once you have Wordpress installed you just upload the theme to the wp-themes directory and it load in the Admin panel automatically so you just go in and select the theme you want to use.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

what i need

ok i need to know how to install wordpress on a hosting service like register.com which is what i already spent 120 bucks on.

after that i need to know how to use cyberduck to make my site avalible to the world.

and after that i need to know what i need to put into cyberducks connection to upload a theme.

and lastly i need to know if when i use the hosting service with wordpress will the domain name i got from them be the place the site is or do i need to upgrade wordpress for that

also thanks alot for replying :)

4. macrumors 604

Melrose

I think what you need is to hire someone to do it real cheap...

How to Install Wordpress

Wordpress Forums

How to upload the package to the server may differ based on the host. If you're using an FTP app, then you'll need to find the FTP authentication and from there you log in and start uploading files.

It's easy to do, it takes a lot of steps to finally get it up and going.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

ok i did the wordpress install thing already and i know how to install themes but now i realy need to know where to put it? :D

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

nooooooooooooo

**** i tryed like 6 hours to install this and it turns out there was a one click button so the url is www.csketch7.com now i just need to know where to get to that with cyberduck :D

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

almost finished

ok i got everthing working exept the banner do you know how to change it? please help :D :apple:

8. macrumors 6502

Looks like you got the banner working? I would upload that image instead of linking it to your photobukcket.