help with Samsung ML-2010 on Intel Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by truz, Aug 29, 2006.

1. truz macrumors 6502a

truz

I'm trying to help my grandfather install his Samsung ML-2010 printer he for for free (after rebates) from macmall.com. He's installed the drivers and tried printing and adding a printer and selecting his make/model.. The thing is, mac does not show any Samsung devices installed when you go and add printer. He also tried printing as it shows printing name "ML-2010" but will not print as he says failed to connect to host and the printer icon jumps around.

I have an HP printer and I never installed any software, I pluged it in and it started printing right away. Why would macmall ship an unsupported printer for the Intel macs on an Intel mac promo.....?

Has anyone else purchased this printer and have they set it up and got it working? It's hard to explain things over the phone to someone 75 years old whos never used a computer until a few months ago when I had him order a iMac 20". He got on the internet fine, he installed the apple modem and got on dialup. This was an easy task.. This printer however is becoming stressful on myself as I have to sit on the phone trying different things :)

Thanks!

2. truz thread starter macrumors 6502a

truz