Help with Samsung Phone and BT?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lanray, Sep 4, 2006.

1. lanray macrumors regular

My son has a Samsung cellular phone (SPH-A900) with bluetooth (Sprint). It's a fancy one that'll play music, etc. Only thing is, we can get the PowerBook to find the phone, or vice-versa. Any suggestions?

2. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

I had this same phone and had no issues. Make sure that discoverable and bluetooth are both turned on on the a900. I don't really know what else to tell ya, just do all the obvious things. It shouldn't be too difficult and if you have a lot of issues, there may be another problem.

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It was a pain for me to get the two to pair and I spent 15 minutes or so messing with both.

Of course, by the time it finally worked by accident, I found that it could only work as a modem, and you can only do that unofficially while having PowerVision.

I needed the USB cable to transfer music effectively. You can transfer files over Bluetooth, but they go into a folder from which I haven't been able to move anything. The File Manager application should be called Erase Manager, since it only seems to erase.

iSync doesn't support any Samsung phone and even Sprint doesn't allow you to set calendar events from their website.

4. lanray thread starter macrumors regular

thanks

yeah - we messed around with the phone and my computer for about 10 minutes before giving up. I tried iSync and Missing Sync, with no luck. I don't know what we were doing wrong. We had both the phone and the PowerBook on search/discover mode - didn't notice each other at all. What's the secret to getting my computer to "notice" the device?

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I think I was luckier with the computer taking the lead in pairing. Keep them close to each other. Obviously, since I did it alone, they weren't too far apart and my attempts weren't as quick as they would have been with two people. It generated the number and I got it into the phone. It must have failed 20 times but suddenly, it just worked after one of the devices said that it had failed.