Help with saving images so the thumbnail is the picture I saved?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by burger011, Aug 30, 2002.

1. burger011 macrumors regular

Every now and then, I like to save an image I see on the net. The first 10-15 images that were saved, had a the picture as the thumbnail to open it up. Now when I save pictures, the thumbnail is the preview picture thumbnail and not the picture I saved like it used to be. It is so much easier to go through my photos seeing the picture rather then having to open it up to see what it is.

How do I go back to having the picture as the thumbnail?

I use OS 10.15, Chimera and IE.

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

If I understand what you're saying correctly, the only thing I know to do is to make a minor change to each photo in Photoshop or Photo-Paint and have that application create the thumbnail for you.

3. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Yes, IE is the only OS X browser I know of that uses a thumbnail of the photo as the photo's icon. If that's what you want, what you can do is load IE every time you want to save a photo and drag the icon next to the URL of the photo in Chimera's URL bar into the IE window to have IE load the pic automatically.

Hopefully OS X resource forks will be dead in the future and all programs will begin to behave the same way again.