Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NumeroTen

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Hello, Google is indexing my site, but it refuses to rank, this seems to be happening to all my new posts.
Before I would post something, and it would be on the 1st or 2nd page. My pageviews have dropped from 150,000 a month to 40,000, and I'm not quite sure why. I'm SEO optimizing posts, and i post often. The Only thing i can think about is that my website was transferred from rapidweaver to wordpress in the last 2 month. However, I did url redirect most of my links, but my backlink strengths may have dropped. For example, this post http://www.numeroten.com/top-10-lists/entertainment/top-10-highest-paying-jobs-in-america/

It is indexed, when you search "Highest Paying Jobs Numeroten" but not even "Highest PAying Jobs" Not in the first 10 page even. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME.

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
The Only thing i can think about is that my website was transferred from rapidweaver to wordpress in the last 2 month. However, I did url redirect most of my links...

I noticed:

<!-- This site is optimized with the Yoast WordPress SEO plugin v1.2.8.3 - http://yoast.com/wordpress/seo/ -->

Might want to check settings and inquire that plugin maintainer to see if you missed something obvious or a buggy plugin.

Also, how did you redirect? Via 301 permanent redirect? Otherwise Google will penalize you for redundancy in content, as permanent means the original URL's site is permanently offline.

-jim

shawncooper78

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2012
Help with SEO Problem?

It is indexed, when you search "Highest Paying Jobs Numeroten" but not even "Highest PAying Jobs" Not in the first 10 page even. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME.

It happens as "highest paying jobs" is a global keyword and it is much more generic than "highest paying jobs Numeroten", so don,t bother about it. First of all use Google Analytics and webmaster tools to analyze what is happening to your traffic.

fantazo

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2012
USA
Start guest posting

You should start guest posting for your site to rank keywords. Google's panda updates changes link building strategies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.