Help with some videos

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by tcamposr, Feb 20, 2007.

1. tcamposr macrumors newbie

Hi;

I recorded some videos with quicktime and some of the best moments are too dark to enjoy. I have tried adjusting the light and contrast and I can see better, but the video gets all pixalated. Is there any way in which I can fix it?... help please!

TC

2. Mydriasis macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

No, probably not. Espeacially if you have lots of clipped information. You can't make something out of nothing.

You could try overlaying the same clip and using the screen blend mode. Other than that its playing around with brightness, contrast etc...

sorry.

3. tcamposr thread starter macrumors newbie

what is the screen blend mode? I have been exporting it and playing with the settings and it does get a little better... I'll try that and see if it works

Thanks

4. Mydriasis macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

What program are you using?

When two images are on top of on another, values of overlaying pixels can be calculated with. In screen blending mode, the color information in each channel is multiplied by its 'negative' color, always resulting in a lighter color.

Basically it will make your images lighter without pixilation because there will still be a difference to the neighboring pixels.

5. tcamposr thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using quicktime controls to do the adjustments. I dont know what other program I could use to try to fix it. At my job they have Final Cut Studio so I dont know if I can use that to fix the video

6. faustfire macrumors 6502a

faustfire

Try adjusting the gamma instead of the brightness and contrast, it usually works better.

7. Mydriasis macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

Well you have more controll in FCP. The image adjustment filters in FCP are also more... flexible.

But what I meant with blend modes will work in FCP. Just put the same to clip on top of itself, right or ctrl click on the top one, select compostion modes, screen? (I hope that what it is call in english, if not it the one underneath multiply)

Attached Files: