Help with speaker shopping

Discussion in 'Mac Peripherals' started by DanoftheDead, Mar 13, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

So Im about to set my mbp up with a 23" ACD and am gonna get some speakers to complete my quasi desktop solution. I am looking to get something with really good sound quality. Now I have heard the Bose companion 5's and they do sound pretty good but 500 bucks for computer speakers is well something I wont drop down. So what do you guys think are best quality for the price? Also I dont want a surround setup, just a 2.1 setup at the most.

2. thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the help....:mad:
    110 people viewing peripherals....

3. macrumors regular

Depends on what your needs / expectations are; but for a set of computer speakers the HK Soundsticks II should fit the bill...

4. macrumors Core

alphaod

Right now Logitech Z5500 are a steal and they are superb speakers. Only issue is you will need to find room for the subwoofer which is VERY big.

5. macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Bose Companion 3's are worth the hassle, for 250$ you get a very nice sound. I have them and what I like the most is the frikkin' simplicity; 2 tiny (magnetically shielded) speakers plus a relatively large subwoofer and a very ingenious Control Pod. The sound is not awesome (wannabe audiophile here) but for most ears they're awesome. Bassy, loud and small.

Victor