Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gaelan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
Please help with this setup. I am wanting to add a Mac Mini to my current setup (PC). My monitor has two video inputs. The PC will use the Dsub IN, and the Mini will use the DVI in. I can toggle video via the Input button on the monitor. I was thinking that these 2 video ins would help avoid buying a KVM switch. The only USB device I’ve found that is even close to what I need is a 2 to 1 peripheral sharer from IOGEAR. It seems that is for printers and such. I just need something to share my USB m&kb NOT the video.

Also consider that at some point I may want to add speakers to this setup. Thanks.

ElectricSheep

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
Wilmington, DE
gaelan said:
Please help with this setup. I am wanting to add a Mac Mini to my current setup (PC). My monitor has two video inputs. The PC will use the Dsub IN, and the Mini will use the DVI in. I can toggle video via the Input button on the monitor. I was thinking that these 2 video ins would help avoid buying a KVM switch. The only USB device I’ve found that is even close to what I need is a 2 to 1 peripheral sharer from IOGEAR. It seems that is for printers and such. I just need something to share my USB m&kb NOT the video.

Also consider that at some point I may want to add speakers to this setup. Thanks.

Just substitute a hub for the printer in that graphic, and plug your keyboard/mouse into that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.