help with Tiger install

Discussion in 'macOS' started by continuum, May 7, 2005.

1. continuum macrumors 6502

continuum

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions before I install Tiger....

1) Just to confirm - Tiger only includes iTunes out of the iLife apps? I know it doesn't include the Office X stuff like Excel, Word, etc.
    2) If the answer to question number one is true, can I still do a fresh install (wiping hard drive clean) and retain my iLife apps and Office X apps that I do have? I don't have the install discs for these apps because I went in on a family pack with an old roommate who still has the discs.

2. Gee macrumors 65816

You'll need to copy the programs to a DVD or external hard drive if you want to keep them. Everything will be wiped if you do a clean install. Why not just upgrade?

3. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

a clean install is just that... a clean install. you will need to reinstall all applications, including iLife and Office.

I would recommend you do an Archive and Install, it saves all your files and settings, then places them into Tiger. worked great for me

4. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Tiger doesn't have AppleWorks either! I know, because I just had to do an erase and install this past week.

(Backin up is hellish indeed.)

5. continuum thread starter macrumors 6502

continuum

i can't reinstall the apps because as I said I went in on a family pack purchase and don't have the install discs. So I can just copy the apps to DVD and then copy them back onto the drive when I'm done with the clean install of Tiger?