Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacFlanker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Have my new MBP, never owned a DVD burner before so I was pretty excited, but when I went to make backups of my DVD's I have been getting an error in toast when it doing the "write in" saying...

The device reported an error
Sense key=MEDIUM ERROR
Sense Code=0x73,0x03

I using MTR to Toast using the whole folder created my MTR in DVD from Video TS file in Toast.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

UKnjb

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2005
London, UK
I agree with the above. Plus -------
Often, the route through to burning DVDs on Macs is:
Mac The Ripper (as you are doing)
DVD2oneX (to compress large DVDs onto <=4.7GB)
Toast

When burning with Toast, what I do is to select the Data option (NOT video) and the DVD-ROM(UDF) option. Drag your whole ripped DVD folder into Toast and ----- burn! :)

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
UKnjb said:
the route through to burning DVDs on Macs is:
Mac The Ripper (as you are doing)
DVD2oneX (to compress large DVDs onto <=4.7GB)
Toast

And if you only want to be able to watch these burned videos on a computer and not on most dvd players then you can do it all in one step just using the program handbrake.

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Just to add one last bit...if you have Toast 7 then you won't need DVD2oneX as the Popcorn feature is built into Toast 7 to compress the video file(s) you need. If you do go the DTOX (DVD20neX) way set the output for 4.3GB to keep the info away from the outside edge of the DVD. That helps if the dye used on the bottom of the DVD is by some way bad, this has happened only a few times to me but not worth making a coaster if you don't need to ;)

MacFlanker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
I added the DVD2oneX step and it worked thanks!

For some reason when I bypass that step and go straight to Toast and let it compress I get the above error. Stange. Wish I could go straight to Toast. I did the update to 7.02 , Ill see if that works.

Thanks for all the tips, Ill make sure DVD2oneX is set for only 4.3G.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.