help with vista on mac pro!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by twoodcc, Jan 30, 2007.

1. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

ok, so i tried to install vista via bootcamp. and i'm having very serious issues....

i have 4 hard drives in my mac pro. i used bootcamp to clean 1 of them and make it ready to install windows on.

so after i boot up with the dvd, it doesn't see that drive, just the other 3. and it says 1 of the other 3 drives is empty! it deleted everything on it! but that's not the worst of my problems

so i installed it and everyone on the drive that it deleted everything...and the video card doesnt' work. Probably because i only have 1GB of ram right now

so i booted up in Tiger after that, reformated those 2 drives back, and after installing 2 updates from Apple, i clicked restart, but to never see Tiger again.

when i turn on the computer, i hold the option button, but nothing happens. after a very long period, i just get a windows message saying insert a bootable drive or something.

what can i do?

thanks in advance

2. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

well thanks for all the help guys.....:rolleyes:

anyways, after resetting the PRAM, i got it to boot up tiger. Thank goodness!