Help with Weather in NC...

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Kallen, Feb 2, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

This just started after restore and I can't figure out how to fix it...

When I pull down the NC, the weather just says "Local Weather" and is blank. I have location services disabled for the weather app, and have instead manually set up the 3 cities I want weather for. Normally, the NC will show the last viewed city (in the Weather App) by default... (in iOS5, I could side scroll between my 3 cities. In iOS6, the last city I viewed in the weather app is the only one shown). Now however, when I open the weather app, there are now 4 tabs (my 3 cities plus the blank "local") but I can't get rid of local, nor will it show the last viewed anymore. I enabled location services, which pulled up my city. I thought maybe it was hung up on local because it couldn't connect. Now that I had re-disabled, it's still stuck on local. So no, when I look in NC it shows the weather for my city from like 5 days ago, and refuses to show any of the cities that i manually added. Any thoughts?

2. macrumors G4

dhlizard

Settings - Privacy - Location Services - Weather - Set to off will kill the local pane.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

I already have it set to off in location services but that makes no difference.

The ONLY way I have found (just now, playing around with it) is if I have location services totally disabled. I have already, as I mentioned, disables Weather. But if I have ANYTHING in location services enabled I have the local pane. So I can either have the city I want displayed, or I can "Find My iPod". That's nice...

UPDATE: If I have "Don't Allow Changes" set in restrictions, it will show the local pane. If I have my restrictions secured, it shows local...