Help with WHEN to buy

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by glasspsyche, Jan 26, 2006.

1. glasspsyche macrumors newbie

I'm currently on a G4 Dual 1 GHz.. i have been on this machine for a few years now. I'm looking to get one of the Intel Macs (as a PowerMac) when it comes out. This new machine will be built for video/audio editing so I can work at home with this stuff. I'm also looking to purchase Final Cut Studio. Now, according to Steve Jobs, it was by March - March/April that the Pro Apps would be out for Mac.

Heres comes my question. My question is when the intel based powermacs come out, would it be a wise decision to purchase one right away? and what's the street rumor for the release date for these? I know apple is tight lipped around these situations but there has to be a rumor.

My need would be by the Fall at the latest. Thanks.

2. cnakeitaro macrumors 6502

3. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

yes, i'd say definitely purchase a new Intel PowerMac right away. that way you have what you'v been waiting for and you can get on with using it.

as for the suspected release of the Mac Pro... some say that it could be with, or soon after the Apple Pro Apps go UB - after all, how many use the pro apps on an iMac? ;)

but looking at Intel's roadmap for chip development, i'd have to think some time closer to September.