Help with windows rebooting my macbook

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by chimps, Jul 7, 2006.

1. chimps macrumors newbie

Hi there, i've done the search, and haven't quite found the answer to what i'm experiencing. A couple days ago, i installed bootcamp and installed windows.. everything worked fine (to my knowledge) and windows was running fine. The next day after installing windows, i go back to try and boot into windows. everything appears to be fine, and once windows starts loading up, a blue screen comes up and then quickly dissapears. at this moment, my computer restarts.

After seeing this a couple times, i decide to delete my windows partition and do another clean windows install w/ bootcamp. again, everything is fine, and for the first day windows runs great. however, the next day again, startup, blue screen, restart.... it's quite annoying, and the only reason why i sold my hi res powerbook for this macbook was so i could run windows...

can anybody help me? thanks in advnace...

-Chimps

2. chimps thread starter macrumors newbie

well it appears that instead of selecting 'restart' in os x, you have to 'shut down' then power up again then select windows. i think when windows boot, it tries to get isight to work, but it can't... so thats where the blue screen of death comes from...

anyway, if ur going a systematic boot up, blue screen, reboot... shut down completely, then power up, hold option, select windows, and off u go