Help with windows rebooting my macbook

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by chimps, Jul 7, 2006.

1. chimps macrumors newbie

Jun 19, 2006
    Hi there, i've done the search, and haven't quite found the answer to what i'm experiencing. A couple days ago, i installed bootcamp and installed windows.. everything worked fine (to my knowledge) and windows was running fine. The next day after installing windows, i go back to try and boot into windows. everything appears to be fine, and once windows starts loading up, a blue screen comes up and then quickly dissapears. at this moment, my computer restarts.

After seeing this a couple times, i decide to delete my windows partition and do another clean windows install w/ bootcamp. again, everything is fine, and for the first day windows runs great. however, the next day again, startup, blue screen, restart.... it's quite annoying, and the only reason why i sold my hi res powerbook for this macbook was so i could run windows...

can anybody help me? thanks in advnace...

2. chimps thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 19, 2006
    well it appears that instead of selecting 'restart' in os x, you have to 'shut down' then power up again then select windows. i think when windows boot, it tries to get isight to work, but it can't... so thats where the blue screen of death comes from...

anyway, if ur going a systematic boot up, blue screen, reboot... shut down completely, then power up, hold option, select windows, and off u go