help with wireless keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by student_trap, Apr 30, 2006.

1. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

hi guys,
    ive had my wireless keyboard for a week, however from time to time the thing startys lagging by about 5 seconds and tttttttyyyyyppinnnggg like tthhiiiiss without me doing anything?

it seems as if it is loosing its signal strength, but am unsure, i am about 3m from my powerbook that its connected too.

should i take it back and get a replacement?

2. novicew macrumors member

novicew

Did you try to change the Keyboard preferences?

Key Repeat Rate --> fast
    Delay Until Repeat --> short

Did you try to move the keyboard bit more closer to the Mac?

3. student_trap thread starter macrumors 68000

student_trap

it doesn't seem to be to do wih the responsiveness with the keyboard.

its that i can press a key once, and it will repeat it like ten times even though im not still touching it.

when i bring the kb level to the height of the pb i types perfectly. so i'm sure its s reception thing.
    if i got a replacement do you think that it would also have this problem?

4. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

What keyboard do you have? I have Apple BT KBs (3 of them) right next to each other as each was hooked up with my 2 AL PBs and iBook and they all work well. I have not even adjusted the factory setting on the keyboard. I have also wired Apple keyboard for my Ti PB and it also works without lag (for which I have not even adjusted the setting).

If you are using Logitech and other 3rd party KB, the lag can be caused by the incapatible or old driver.

5. student_trap thread starter macrumors 68000

student_trap

im using the apple BT KB and also a BT mouse, the mouse is great, but the KB is acting strangely

6. student_trap thread starter macrumors 68000

student_trap

So all is hopefully *crosses fingers* good now.

My keyboard was acting really weird, by randomly typing while in another room on its own!:eek: which was weird, and was causing my powerbook to make the error 'boing' sound over and over again.

So i took it back to my local apple store and its replaced. the new one is working well and all seems good!

Thanks for your help guys!

7. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Did you get new batteries with the new keyboard? Whilst I can't explain the symptoms it might have just been running out of power...

8. student_trap thread starter macrumors 68000

student_trap

yeah the original was ony a week old so wasn't out of juice! i think the problem was that it was loosing connection with my pb, and so would hang by repeating a key over and over without anyone pressing it! I haven't fully tested the new one out yet but all seems good! i suppose i'll just have to wait and see!