HELP!!! WMP files and Keynote!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Steadmuffin, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Steadmuffin macrumors member

Hey everybody. I just switched to a Mac on Wednesday with my new 12" iBook. I love it already, and won't be going back to PCs anytime soon.

I'm still learning how to use Mac OSX and all the new Apple apps. 2 things I'm having trouble with:

1) Windows Media Player files in Safari

And streaming videos of WMP files I try to play do not work. I tried dowloading the lastest version of WMP, but for some reason I can't install it. OSX doesn't know what program to use to install it. I cannot for the life of me figure this out and it's getting really discouraging. Does anyone know the answer to this problem?

2) Keynote

I started to play around with Keynote since I used to use Powerpoint all the time for school. It looks great, but HTF do you insert clipart?! Does keynote not come with clipart or somand ething?! This seems rediculous, and I refuse to belive it. Someone, please tell me how to insert clipart into keynote!!!

Any help with the above two probelms would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm still very new to Macs and am trying to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

keynote doesnt have any "clip art" per se, but it's quite easy to insert an image. you can either just drag an image into your slide, or open the media inspector (think that's the one) and look under pictures to find pics in your iphoto library. im less sure about teh 2nd method though, as im not at my mac ATM. regarding the wmp installation dilemma, it's probably a .sit or .sitx file; in either case you need stuffit expander. you only need the free "expander" version, not any of the others, unless you want to create .sit, .gz., .rar., etc. archives (os x has built in .zip creation abilities). hope this helps :)

3. Steadmuffin thread starter macrumors member

Yes that helps immensly.

So I guess my problem is, I have no pictures in iPhoto to use! Is there somewhere on apple's website where you can download clipart to iPhoto? There has to be some way to get clipart for keynote! I just know there has to! I really don't want to have to spend $200 CDN for Office for Mac!!!

4. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

found that at macintouch in response to someone's letter about the lack of clipart in keynote. if you need to find images i guess you could just do a google image search then drag a photo from safari into keynote.